Being the random thoughts of Greg Tito, age 29.

Announcements for my standup comedy gigs are here at gregtito.com.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Since the 2nd grade




There are few performers I can say I've been a fan of since my days at Lillie B. Haynes. Weird Al is one of them. His show last night at the Beacon Theater was quintessant. He rocks like a man half his age and a nerd twice his stature. The show was a performance piece, complete with props and more costume changes than a one-man Hamlet.

I took some decent video and I'll try to youtube it for your viewing pleasure. Wait till you see Darth Vader dance.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Andrew said...

I've enjoyed Weird Al on and off over time. His jokes can feel stale, but then he'll come out with a new video which reminds you that no one does it better.

kristin1724 said...

We saw him at Foxwoods on Friday. Dave has been a huge fan since he was a kid. I have never seen so many 12 & 13 year old boys in one place! I did enjoy the opening polka. Those cheerleaders obviously had never seen a Nirvana video in their lives. Figures you went to see him too!

kristin1724 said...

oh yeah...totally forgot!! We met him too! Dave got a picture with him. He came into the restaurant where we were eating dinner. He was very mellow, but nice.